Decred SM metrics 2021-04
Welcome to the 3rd monthly recap of Decred’s social media metrics! Here I go through ~90 accounts and report activity that stands out. The changes are between Apr-2 and May-1 snapshots.
- Twitter got another solid +763 followers (to 44,391). I discovered a service called Social Blade that has more detailed analytics for @decredproject, although only 1 month of historical data is available and it is not downloadable - unlike this repo :)
- Reddit got +190 subscribers (to 10,987)
- Telegram got +51 users (to 2,645)
- Discord has recovered from 2 months of purges and got +157 users (+11%, to 1,566)
- Matrix got +27 users (to 1,566)
- YouTube got +40 subscribers (to 4,500) and +3K views (to 182). Social Blade has more detailed analytics for decredchannel.
- CoinGecko got +8% likes (to 10,273)
- CoinMarketCap page got another +3K watchers (+10%, to 34K)
- decredproject FB got +28 followers (to 3,816) and +45 likes (to 3,457) - not much but it stands out after many snapshots with no growth
- decredproject IG gained +16 followers (to 682), again without posting anything
- the shady Decredcash FB fluctuates around 2,500 followers. I expected a slow downtrend but I guess it gets a few random users here and there thanks to the general uptick in Decred hype in 2021.
Personal and topic-focused:
- _Checkmatey_ TW got +2,468 followers (+35%, to 9,510), posting “only” 437 tweets this time. Social Blade analytics projects that at this rate @_Checkmatey_ will surpass @decredproject by 2023.
- an odd event was detected with _Checkmatey_’s “Likes” counter: it reduced by ~430 between Apr-14 and Apr-22. iirc “Likes” is how many tweets a user has liked and usually it always goes up. I think it may go down if you unlike a few tweets, but going down by ~430 is odd. I wonder if it is Twitter playing games or some normal activity.
- PermabullNino TW got +579 followers (+17%, to 3,970)
- ConsensusRough TW got +75 followers (+13%, to 655)
Non-English and regional:
- Decred International FB got -27 members (to 874) - first loss since I started tracking it in Sep 2020. Might be due to a drop in Spanish activity.
That’s all for now. Shall we try a table format or will it be too unhuman? Let me know in #media.