Decred SM metrics 2021-03
Welcome to the second monthly recap of Decred’s social media metrics! Here I go through ~90 accounts and report activity that stands out. The changes are between Mar-1 and Apr-2 snapshots.
- main Twitter got a solid +706 followers (to 43,628)
- main Telegram got +76 users (+3%, to 2,594) - third month of growth after a 2+ year decline since I started taking these snapshots (my oldest data point is 4.6K users on Dec 2018)
- project’s new DCRann TG channel for announcements gained 86 followers and made 4 posts since it was created on Mar-10
- Discord got -33 users (to 1,409). Our mods did not purge any inactive users, so it may have been Discord’s own purge.
- Reddit had another good month with +238 subscribers (to 10,797)
- decredproject IG gained +23 followers (to 666), again while not posting anything (is it a signal of an opportunity?)
- CoinGecko got +409 likes (to 9,516) since Mar-14 when I started tracking it
- Gab account is 11 months old but is still at 7 followers. Without extra outreach and engagement it may not grow by itself.
- LinkedIn is not getting much interaction or “job” requests recently, but the follower count is steadily growing with +20 in March (to 998). LI page was mentioned in a random 2-minute YT explainer video about Decred, showing that some people do look at it when evaluating the project. Politeia and DCRDEX “showcase” pages have 63 and 25 followers, respectively.
Personal and topic-focused:
- “The Machine” aka _Checkmatey_ TW got +1,816 followers (+35%, to 7,042), posting another 1K tweets at ~34 tweets per day
- PermabullNino TW gained 398 followers (+13%, to 3,391)
- some other top tweeters of March are michae2xl (216), DecredAustralia (159), PermabullNino (150)
- @Checkmate’s Medium got +5% followers (to 210) - not bad for Medium that ususally grows slowly
- jz_bz lost 33 followers (to 7,151) (you hold on there, it’s not too bad!)
- ConsensusRough TW gained a surprising +34% followers (to 580)
Non-English and regional:
- decredbr TG got +6% users (to 384)
- Decred_ES TW got +5% followers (to 1,365)
- DecredESP FB is labeled as “Internet Company” with a 5-star rating, although the reviews are mostly spam
- DECRED BRasil FB had a noticeable drop in “posts in the last 30 days” from ~50 to 19. For context, this group has 5,650 members.
All source data is available here.
Don’t hesitate to join #research and share your thoughts how to improve this.