Decred SM metrics 2021-02
Welcome to the first monthly recap of Decred’s social media metrics!
For a bit of a background, this report branched off Decred Journal. Since December 2020 issue I am posting highlights and irregularities detected while collecting my monthly snapshots. As an experiment, in February I did not filter the findings for being “big enough” and wrote down anything that felt interesting. The list ended up too big for DJ but I didn’t want to throw away half of the findings, and so here we are in a yet another place for number geeks. I will keep posting the biggest highlights in DJ, while these reports will have more details.
So let’s begin and see what unusual changes have happened in Feb across ~90 tracked accounts. The changes are between Feb-1 and Mar-1 snapshots.
- main accounts all got a higher than usual increase in following and views
- main Twitter got a massive +1,121 followers (to 42,922). We did not see such an increase since Nov 2018 when it got +1,818.
- Reddit got +358 subscribers (to 10,559). This is the largest absolute growth since I started monitoring it on May 2018.
- main YouTube got +100 subscribers (to 4,420) and +6K views (to 175K) - again a record since my first snapshots in Aug 2018.
- Discord had pruned 473 inactive users, 1,444 remain
- CoinMarketCap page got another +3K watchers (to 29K)
- decredproject FB got +44 followers (to 3,755) - not much but it stands out after many months of almost no growth
- decredproject IG got +30 followers (to 635) without any new posts
Personal and topic-focused:
Non-English and regional:
- Decred_ES TW got +13% followers (to 1,304)
- DecredES TG got +11% followers (to 281)
- DecredKorea and DecredNederland TW accounts have emerged in Jan and started tweeting in Korean and Dutch
- DecredKorea TW description contains “비트코인의 이상을 실현 (Bitcoin as it should be)”
- Decred Arabia FB got +16% followers (to 231)
- Decred Arabia YT got +239 views (to 1,318), with only 9 videos it is ~150 per video - good for a small non-English channel
All source data is available here.
Don’t hesitate to join #research and share your thoughts how to improve this.